Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The good, the bad, the ugly...

*The Good:
-Mother's Day...I celebrated, was celebrated, honored, and grieved...it was precious.
-10 years of marriage to my Wesley, my knight, my lover, my best friend. Wow 10 years..how cool is that?
-2 days of school left.
-great times at church
-Frisbee dates with my honey
-watching Chris teach Macee how to throw a Frisbee
-strawberry yummy stuff at Easy Street, and darn good eats...you had to be there.
-hard work, great friends, dirt, anal sweeping red heads...who are really funny...well you had to be there too.
-frizbee homo's
-jobs for my pals
-healing
-friends that listen
-the journey that hurts but makes us better...that's good.
-My amazing daughter, who told me I look cute in everything...:)
-A friend that you can shop for bathing suits with knowing that she will be honest...
-my most amazing friend, a woman in my life who knows my soul, who loves me, who helped raise me, who has been one of the biggest influences on my life, who loves the unloveable, who is a lot like my mom....her name is MaryAnn...I call her "MawMaw"....I love her...that grandma of mine....

*The Bad:
-iep's (well that could fit in the good, now that they are done. 22, 15 page papers, pure insanity)
-my great friend, a fellow 2nd grade teacher in my building, with two kids, (a 5th and 7th grader), her husband was caught in a hay auger, very tragically killed while his brother and father watched in horror. A beautiful Sunday afternoon, life turned upside down for my friend Julie in an instant. Pray for her and for Ross and Mckayla
-my principles mother diagnosed with colon cancer the next day.
-healing
-stupid crap
*The Ugly:
-Satan himself showing up.....TRYING to take on the wrong freakin family...
-My dad resigned...
-healing and growing sucks. Being a grown up is hard sometimes. but okay, we can do this. WE WILL DO THIS !
Notice my list of good is longer....I am celebrating my blessings...my joys, my family, my friends, my church.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stetlers said...

It's good to read an update from the Dilbone house!
Love you guys!

6:38 PM  
Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Sara,

We ran into Adam yesterday and he said you broke your foot!!! OH NO - what a bummer in the summer (or anytime, really)!

What do you need???

Love, MA B

5:43 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

wow! yah, its always good to have the good stuff longer. I laughed at some of them. Will be praying.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

I hope your foot gets better! Sorry I feel like the morbid one, how did you do it?
Melody

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home