Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It has been a month since Emma died....it has been hard for my family. But I must say in the midst of all of this...it has made me so much more who I am tyring to be in a mother. It's so hard to find positive in this, but on a recurring basis, daily basis, I am reminded almost everytime I look into Macee's Pinson eyes that...life is so precious. Losing my mom obviously taught me that, but when I look at Macee.....man.....it goes deep....
Last night we were out watering flowers....and then swinging on the swing set...as she was swinging, Macee was yelling "I love this...it makes my belly tickle"....I stopped and looked at her face...I burned that "look" of joy and pure preciousness into my heart....I totally etched it all. One thing that I know is that sometimes the memories are the hardest thing to deal with during loss. But I am at that point in my life that I find those memories to be the best gift anyone could give me...and something that no one can take away.
One thing that my mom said a week before she died...was to the congregation that my dad was pastoring at...she said..."The Lord told me to remind all of you, that in the midst of it all, in the midst of the wreck"..."He is Faithful"....and I am here to say, even when my amazing best friend named Donna Rucker is gone from my life, and little Emma has been ripped away...and sometimes you are waiting for God to do something...I cannot help but to express that in the midst of the wreck...We are blessed with little tickled bellies and so much more....I can promise you, (as I do myself everyday)...that he is Failthful...forever

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

Beautiful :)
We miss you guys!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

Just wanted to say hi! I haven't talked to you in forever.... I miss you, and miss talking to you. Your blog just reminded me of the stories you used to tell.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home