Friday, April 08, 2005

Get This...

So I was out shopping with my friend Kim...I got a phone call from my dad...this was the just of the phone call...
1. Will you speak at Rachels funeral?
2. Someone stole the concrete angel, the silk roses, and the garden flag off of your moms grave site...
Answers: 1. Yes...well, yes, okay...okay....hmmmm...
2. Why are people so damn ignorant? Why do something so lame as to steal from the dead....yet, I know it is so simple and really does my mom really know her things are missing?...duh..no!...but what the heck...those things were things that as a family we picked out to put with her head stone together, things that had meaning to us as a family...gosh...it bugs me. I just don't get people...these are the people that I say.."Mean people suck"! And if those people were close enough to my car and I was driving down the road, I would flick a booger on their windshield! Man that gets my crawl...
I pray the Lord provides words for me that are honoring to Rachel. I pray for strength...I know Rachel has passed...yet when you see the casket etc. that is when for me it all becomes so final. I know that sounds weird etc. but anyhow. I pray for strength, and courage, and calmness...and those who know me...can anyone say "HIVES"...Sorry Jer no v-neck that day.
Better go...get ready to have Pina colodas and play rummy with jersey girl and the big ooff...

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy and Connie Harris said...

People steal stuff from the graves where my dad is buried also. It's sad isn't it? Those people need to get a new hobby.

I have no doubt that you will do your best at the funeral for Racheal. God bless you Sara and remember to trust and rely on the Lord for your strength.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It's fun to hear from you.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home