Saturday, December 11, 2004

Well hello!

Hello, I am finally sitting down long enough to stop and get my thoughts out on paper. It has been a crazy few weeks...(do I say that every time...sorry)...but it has. To top it all of my dearest hubby has had a real attitude issue and the world of "lets love and give and live at peace with all men" world came to a screetching halt and the roaring lion and sucky attitude world came to live with me. I am like..."and you thought I had pms issues"...I don't ever want to hear it again...But isn't that when the making up part is all the better....
Had another student barf the other day...we were stamping cute little Christmas stamps on brown paper bags for the entire schools "Secret Santa Shop" when my sweetie Jacob decided that he needed to barf 4 straight times onto the table we were all working at....I don't really know if I have ever in my life...have I looked at that much barf...at this point the aide that was the closest screamed at the top of her lungs....the rest of us...we started laughing until I got a whiff...he had had nachos for lunch...I started dry heaving...and laughing even harder at that point.......so needless to say I had to explain to the PTO parents why we had to go and buy new stamps, stamp pads and brown paper bags...ahhhh, it all worked out...and just another barf story to add to the list...
Was able to go and see my mother and father in law at their church last Sunday. Mom was in a play and Mikey Dad was in the orchestra...they are both so very talented...I cried....Macee was completly amazed that her Geema and Gimpa could do the things they were...It was so cute to see her with them and to see her watch them...She wanted to see Gimp play his horn....and kept yelling "Geema" when mom was on stage..it was funny....Tina and Dan were also there...I could not believe how much Macee looks like her Aunt Tina.....So she got the Dilbone looks and the Rucker attitude....hmmmm.....But my eyes!
Went out with the girls last night from work..we had fun......don't ask...
But it was good and they blessed me with some great gifts...I feel really blessed to have each of them working in my room with me..thanks girls I love you.
So does anyone out there watch "Little Bill"? So there was an episode on today that Macee watched...it was a Christmas one...where "Alice the Great" was stuck in the airport...so anyhow, did anyone see that? If you did, did you cry? I still get teared up thinking about it...how little Bill felt was just how I am feeling this year about Christmas...It is so hard this year to do it without my mom...I debated on sharing this...I am not depressed, sad or angry...just a little kid deep down wishing things could be the way they are "suppose" to be....
So this summer when I was cleaning out my grandma and grandpas stuff... I found something...something worth more than anything in the world....I found these words written by my momma. A letter written to her mom on the loss of her dad who are all now in heaven. A treasure of words and strength I hold close. A gift to me now...a gift to you...priceless I say, this is priceless...let the Joy of the Lord fill your heart... celebrate this season...a priceless treasure all the way from Christmas 1978..in words of Donna Rucker
Dear Mother,
Thought I'd write a note while sharing your thoughts today. The icy days remind me of last year of also how lovely paradise must be right now. It's so easy to let the Spirit of Christmas be destroyed with our grief: I have to remind myself over and over again that the birth of this child is the hope that I have now. And we could not live without that hope. And nothing can ever take away that Spirit of Christmas. Because mom I am convinced that nothing- not even death can separate us from the love of Christ.
I cannot realize the loss you feel each day with daddy being gone, I cannot fulfill the love that you need returned, but I do trust the Fathers love and the love that my own father gave. It was a love from both that made me special no matter how worthless I felt before others. But that love and special-ness is what he has left us. Something else no one can destroy...
I love you and share your grief with you this day, as I do everyday in this past year. But I hope for the day when we shall gather as a family again...Love you-Donna....

Dear Momma....Merry Christmas... Just wanted you to know that I promise I will be there. LYF! Sara Anne....

Hope everyone has a great holiday. Thanks for all the laughter, love and support....Happy Holidays...Love to all..Will write again soon...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home