Sunday, July 25, 2004

Heaven...

My grandfather died last night about 9:00 or so...he is partying it up in Heaven with the big daddy "J"...Yes I will miss him tons, however he is right where he wanted to be...my mom and my grandmother I am sure are arm and arm with him giving him a tour of their mansions. Do you ever think about heaven? I do...Do you think that my mom will be second in line to hug me? Do you think that Jesus will take out his nail pierced hands and applaud for me...man...I don't deserve his love...I need the Lord..Heaven is on my mind a lot...Do you think that every now and then he opens the sky when something really cool is happening and says to my mom...check this out Donna, look at your grandkids, enjoy...then she smiles as she wipes a tear of proudness  from her big blue Pinson eyes??? Do you think that she goes to Jesus for the "scoop" on what will happen next??? I miss my mom today. Can you tell? Frankly I get so tired of not having a mothering relationship. I need it...But the Lord has been so good to me. It does not mean that I don't miss her though. I miss her so bad sometimes it hurts..Anyhow, it was an interesting day at church today. Our pastor talked a lot about community. It was awesome to hear and it is what our church needs to hear. However, I wonder how many people including our pastor are really going to love like we are a real family..It is so hard to fathom: a work that awesome in so many people. It was cool though and there where some real healings of emotions and issues in marriages. Yet just today two of my greatest friends ask me to pray for their marriages after the fact. Something major is going to happen at bg if people are obedient..I dunna know sometimes about weather or not people are real and authentic.
We had a childrens ministry meeting. We had a real family and community time of sharing and loving on each other. It was awesome being real and open with each other. For those of you who know me that is something that has always been pretty easy for me. It is so refreshing though to hear others be real. It was great. It gives me a new perspective of a lot of things. God really does use us and others just by listening to each other.
Pray for our staff...not so sure what to think about everything.
Pray for a friend of mine, she has a potential date with a great guy...just am hoping it's a pleasant time.
What do you think about me with a nose ring...?
I am loving being married to Chris Dilbone today. He told me I looked "hot" today...well I did look pretty happening...I do feel really blessed though. We took a walk tonight with Macee. We sang the I love you song to each other, (not the Barney I love you)...we watched the sun set...I am rich. Thank you Jesus...Do you think in heaven there are sunsets? I call the sun our "champion", sorta like he is my power, my champion to begin and end each day...Thanks champ for a great day.


2 Comments:

Blogger Stetlers said...

I'm praying for you tonight. I'm sorry that you have had to face another loss in such a short period of time. Yeah, I think about heaven a lot too. I think we talked about this when you were here in June. I bet my sister likes to hang out with your mom. I don't know exactly what heaven will be like or what we will be like, but I can't wait to find out. In the mean time we have a big responsiblity to create community here that represents His Kingdom. You and Chris are living up to that responsibility daily.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Am I weird that I don't want a mansion in heaven? I want to live in a commune or really friendly apartment building. I like the idea of being with people AND Jesus. It would be cool to be that close to people with all of our dysfunction a distant memory of those few moments on earth. Of course, whatever it is, it will be perfect, so I'm not concerned. Praying for you and your aunt, especially.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home