Thursday, August 12, 2004

Disclaimer

If I am going to continue to blog...which I am, I wanted to list a little disclaimer so that all of you who read this will have a better understanding of where I am coming from...don't ask why...just read.
I am going to use the famous "Dilbone list" to convey my thoughts tonight. I just feel this is something I need to do for my own sake and even my own understanding of why I do this blog thingy. Keep in mind as you read that this list below is for my own good more than anything....
1. Anything I say here on my blog; I am fully aware that people are going to read. Therefore, I do not say anything about anyone that they are not already aware of. Perhaps it is in more detail on my blog, but that is because of (see number 2).
2. This blog is so lovingly named, "Me, my thoughts and I"...Therefore meaning that, this is for my own good, my needs of journaling, venting, thinking through, praying, praising, adoration, seizing the moments, working through my "emotional, girly" feelings, working through grief, prayer, seeking, learning more about Jesus, being more loving, to learn how to be a community, to grow as a Christian wife, mother etc... and to share my heart.
3. What I say in my blog is always subject to question...by you the reader.
4. I am careful about using names in my blog...therefore I must explain, I often times am writing about my husband. I don't want to seem like a wife basher...I love him dearly and he is my soul mate, best friend etc. etc. I am very, very proud and in love with him. For this very reason I don't always name his name or whoever else I am talking about when it comes to a subject that might be in question. I am not out to get the person(s), just work through feelings...and this is why I don't name names etc.
5. I do say how I feel and what I think. I have said many times that when I am presenting a feeling or a thought, that just because I feel this way or that way it does not mean how I feel is right and how you feel is wrong etc.
6. My blog, as are others, are "Sara's" thoughts out loud per say. ( Insert your name...you know what I mean)
7. I don't get offended easily and find it okay and sometimes refreshing as someone put it to me today...(my HUSBAND said to me), "it's okay to agree to disagree".
8. I have learned that if you are a blogger and a blog reader, be ready to disagree with someone's heart/feelings...and that this is okay.
9. I blog and read others blogs to also to keep in touch with, my own feelings, my Lord, and my friends that I don't get to see very often as well as an educational tool.
10. And lastly, I learn a lot from reading others blogs, I cheer with them, I cry, I pray, I laugh out loud a lot (especially when I read Ker's blog and it comes to Luis...remind me to tell the story sometime about Luis that happened when we were in Columbus)...I am challenged to grow and seek when I read others blogs, I read a lot and pray about many things. Please take notice, many times when I am working through these things, I ask for the Lord to help me have a better understanding of all things I don't understand or am wresting with....

So there. I am done.
I feel better now.
Aug. 17th is coming soon...:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home