Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Pina Colada

Went to hang out with Jersey girl and the big dork tonight. The deal was that we wanted to have some of Dan's famously made Pina colada's...they are wonderful...Virgin of course....the coladas....anyhow, so tonight he hands me the first one and because of my cold sore I have to use a spoon to eat it, so I was stirring it...we started seeing some black floaty thingys...and then I pulled out this long black plastic thingy, like a big piece...Apparently Dan had stuck a long plastic fork into the blender and did not realize that the blender had "eaten" the fork. We all enjoyed a wonderful laugh and great coladas with fork in them...it was funny...
So at my jewelry party, I made some banana bread. This was my first attempt, it was easy...and turned out good...it's a Weiss family recipe...I am starting to enjoy baking for others etc. I used to hate it, but... I also stopped along the side of the road and picked some wild flowers, some black eyed susans, some kind of purple weed, and then some queen Anne's lace...it was a beautiful country arrangement...atleast to me...I was telling my sister all of this...her comment was that I am becoming a "domestic goddess". So the more I thought about it the more I am like...I am no goddess... I am more like a "domestic diva"...no goddess...On another note...
I have some people in my life who are very analytical...what I am about to say it not to be mean in anyway...this is my thoughts, (which are a little analytical in its self...kinda funny...I say they are just thoughts thought)What I am saying does not mean that I am saying I am wrong or right, but...I am so not analytical though...some folks like to attest this characteristic to being intelligent...and perhaps this is true...but I really think some people spend life analyzing things so much so that they miss the simplicity in life. Things are not always as "deep" as we would like to make them...however, I am not the best at being tolerant of this characteristic...I have been praying that the Lord would allow me to try and listen better to people in my life who like to analyze...My first mental response is, "do you hear yourself"...anyhow, I have been praying about all of this. I know it sounds a little odd but...so I am off to bed, I have a very tired 2 year old who won't stop saying "mommy, mommy, mommy"...Off I go to save the world...something like that anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yes...I am one of those people...

Hi, my name is Chris, I love to analyze and contemplate...

I feel better now...this is the new AA...analyzers anonymous...

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home