Monday, August 02, 2004

Hi

So today is Monday. It was a lazy morning. We didn't get out of the house till like 3 or so. We hung around the house all day...it was nice having Chris and Macee both home and all.
Our dog Cole has been acting wired the last couple of days. I was really worried about him...however he seems to be getting back to himself, I think... Do dogs get the flu? He is my first baby...and I love him. He is also very good for Macee. You should see them. They are definitely siblings, just a little different complexion :)
Have had a few crazy days..Friday night we went to the big thriving metropolis of "Botkins". It is a little dot on the map. My Aunt and Uncle live there. They where having a fish fry for all of the family. I was a little apprehensive about going...all of us there packed into one house, with all those kids...We ended up having a great time. My dad, stepmom and sis also got to sit together and had some quality time together. It was good for the four of us to have time like that. Then Sat. we were busy all day...(read my last blog). Sunday we ended up having a 2 hour church service, and then had to be in Sidney by 2 for my grandfathers memorial. I was not looking forward to that either, however it was one of the most beautiful services that I have been to (other than my moms). I cried, thinking of him in Heaven. He must be so happy. I also got to see all of my family then on my moms side. It was awesome to see all my cousins etc. My aunt seemed to feel really blessed that we had all "come home". She has had a really hard time with all of this, it is a really long story, but please pray for my Aunt Gwen and also my cousin Rachel. Rachel is 16 and has cancer. She is my moms youngest brothers only daughter. She is the most awesome, loving, faithful, trusting child...I love her deeply. We have always sorta "connected"... We have prayed several times for her healing. And several times they have said the cancer is gone. It is back again...Not for long... please keep her in your prayers. My family has been through 4 deaths in 3 years...but, I didn't really feel like doing the whole family thing. It ended up being a great reminder of what being a family is all about. We laughed, told great stories, caught up, laughed, laughed, ate a lot, cried, hugged, remembered, and did mention laugh? I praised Jesus for his blessings.
Pray for me tomorrow at 2. We are getting tattoos on our fingers as wedding bands. Yes, I am still going to wear mine for the most part, but Chris will not wear the one he has now. I promised that I did not have any big plans for it. (For those of you who don't know I love to design my own jewelry etc.) So, I am a little nervous about it and am not looking forward to the pain. I think it is so cool though that we have decided to do this. He is my soul mate...Forever...Well off I go. I am so tired. Busy night, softball...We got our butts kicked tonight, friends over for dinner after, good God talk..Great pals...To much to eat. And as I was putting all the dips back after dinner, I accidentally dumped the left over salsa into the spaghetti sauce bottle...Chris wasn't too happy, I took care of it though...I dumped it out :)
Can I just add that two of my greatest friends decided to leave on a "get away" during the same week...My two best girl pals are gone...I really need girl time. Can't wait to see you both...Ok really I am going this time. See ya. O yeah my birthday is in 15 days..the big 29...

1 Comments:

Blogger Stetlers said...

you must have a much higher pain tolerence than I have. did it hurt? Stupid question, how bad did it hurt?

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home