Sunday, August 22, 2004

My soul says today....

Today is Aug 22, which means three long/short years ago today, Jesus Christ took my mother Donna Ruckers face into his hands and looked into her beautiful big blue eyes and said to her...."Well done dear one", and then applauded at the sight of her smile.......on this very day three years ago here on earth, as we sat beside the body of my momma, my daddy, in all his despair, shock and grief, along with my screaming at the top of my lungs.."NO, NO, NO...", began to quietly sing these words..."When peace like a river attendenth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll, what ever my lot, thou has taught me to say, "it is well, it is well with my soul"..."And Lord hast the day that thy faith shall be sought, the clouds be rolled back as a scroll, the trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend...even so, it is well with my soul"
A few notes to say to those of you who know me and love me...Words cannot express what it has been like to see my daddy, family, friends go through grief and loss of my momma...I cannot put into words how my soul earns for her hands to touch my hair and for my face to find that sweet spot on her shoulder when we would hug...But, Thanks to all of you who have loved on my family and prayed for us. Thank you Kerri for loving me so much that in the midst of your own illness you took the time to just be the best pal someone would need at that very moment, for you and Mary on your knees praying for us at some of the very darkest moments...for everyone who let me cry, who still lets me grieve...The Lord has been so awesome to us...at times it hurts so bad, but as I sat there in that hospital room before singing with my father, I heard the Lords audible voice say to me "My grace is sufficient Sara"...it has been so true.
Someday, I will too hear those same words my momma heard. I too will look into my Jesus' face, I will hug him and fall onto my face in humblesness I will stand back up , and then somewhere, somewhere close behind my Lord, I will see her face, and I will hear my momma say, "It is so good to see you, my baby bear sunshine". "Welcome Home".
Until then I say everyday...It is well, yes, It is well with my soul....

2 Comments:

Blogger Stetlers said...

An early morning and before I started my day I decided to check your blog. I'm glad I did. As I sit here it tears I'm reminded to cherish each day, to cherish today. I'm reminded that no matter how frustrating this world might be right now, it's not my home. Thanks for your transparency, it's given me perspective today that I really needed. I continue to pray for you, and as I've told you before, I know your mom is incredibly proud of you--as a mom, a wife, and a teacher who is getting ready to invest another year of her life into the lives of children society has chosen to disregard for the most part. God bless you, Chris and Macee today. God bless your barn and the vision you have for your community.

4:21 AM  
Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Hey

I have begun! It's a little scary. This is my site!
Marie

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home