Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Wonderful day!

Yesterday was my birthday....yeah...I had such a wonderful day. It started out with breakfast in bed with my wonderful hubby, my wonderful daughter and ofcourse, Cole was on the bed too...everyone, including the dog enjoyed my birthday breakfast...it was so awesome to sit there and enjoy the morning with them. In the afternoon Chris took me Red Lobster for lunch, then to my favorite little store here in BG called "For Keeps", to pick out a Vera Bradley handbag, with a matching wallet...whew....then off to Findley by 5 to eat supper with my parents....I feel so blessed to have my family. If you don't know me, family has always been a huge part of my life. I must also say that Chris went to the effort of making my day very special. I suppose if you talked to him he would say that in "Sara's family birthdays were just one more way to spoil already spoiled girls"... my family always did make a big deal out of birthdays...my mom (dad too), had this special way of making you feel like you were the only person in the world that day. Then I married Chris...his family is very close and very loving, but birthdays just are not a big deal....For a very long time Chris could not understand why it was a big deal to me....over the years I have learned to not make a big deal out of it and he has made such an effort to make sure that I feel (as Donna Rucker would have put it), I feel celebrated! So anyhow, I need to say Thanks to my dear Wesley....I truly did feel celebrated....I am sure my mom was impressed...
On a side note, I really did miss my mom yesterday...I am sure some of you who read this get tired of hearing about her....so what...I say to you. That is why this is not your blog...it's my heart and thoughts....so...I did think of her a lot yesterday. I got teary eyed a few times....Bittersweet....she was the best....
I have been really praying about school starting. It is going to be an interesting year, sometime I will share with you why...but more than anything, I am praying that what I have gained this summer spiritually will not fade. I feel like the Lord and I have had some really long conversations, his word, other people, so many things he has used to teach me and show me his love. I hate to think of going back to school and people seeing the same ol me...my heart is so different, I dunno...my mom used to talk so much about how what she called "re-entry"....and how after a spiritual growth or high that re-entering into the real world again is hard. I have enjoyed getting to spend time with Chris and Macee, I have been able to visit family, and have truly deepened friendships with some of my greatest friends. I don't know Lord if I am ready. I want to share and be so real...well anyhow, I will pray and still enjoy the few days left. Today is dedicated to getting the house in order and ready for next week. Please also pray for Macee, she has had a really hard time the last few times we have left her with someone...she is not like this and she is going to a new babysitter...makes me a little nervous....God is good, all the time....

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day. We love and appreciate you. --Dan

2:10 PM  
Blogger Stetlers said...

I know I'm a few days late, but happy birthday!!! I'm so glad you had a great day. Sara Dilbone, I never have, and never will, be tired of hearing about your mom. I'll listen to those feeling anytime. They are real, and you have every right to express them and to still grieve. I'm praying for all three of you as school begins. I know Macee will adjust soon, but I'll be praying for you little girl.

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home