Monday, August 22, 2005

Momma...I love you. (Post #2)

to my d.p. my d.l.r. My momma..LYF
There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever and not for better
Some are gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With people and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
But in my life, I loved them all
But of all these friends and loved ones
there is not one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and friends that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them. But in my life I loved you more.
Soon we'll come to the end of life's journey
And perhaps we'll never meet anymore
Till we gather in heavens bright city
Far away on that beautiful shore
If we never meet again this side of heaven
As we struggle through this world and it's strife
There's another meeting place this side of heaven
By the beautiful river of life
Where the charming roses bloom forever
And separation comes no more
If we never meet again this side of heaven...
I see you there momma, I will meet you there...on that beautiful shore.
*In my heart today:
O' Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the words thy hands hath made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout the universe displayed
Then sings my soul (because of your example)
I sing
My savior God to thee, How great thou art, How great thou art, then sings my soul, my savior God to thee, How great thou art, how great thou art!

Once again. I still hurt, struggle and miss my momma. 4 years is too long, I can't wait to catch up someday...
Yet, I can end by saying.
Yes; yes, today,
It is well with my soul.

1 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Nice blend of songs to honor your memories and love for your Mom! I had to sing the first one to myself because it was one of my favorites as a teen! - where did you hear it? Did your mom love it too?

I pray for you. My mom's heart hurts for you - I irritate my girls sometimes but I know that they would grieve terribly if I were gone, so I pray for you.

I hope your new class of students are wonderful and inspire you!
Love, MAB

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home