Thursday, October 20, 2005

funny.....

Life is funny...not always fun, but at times you can look back and laugh.....yesterday one of my fifth grade students had a diarrhea blow out, after a really wet fart...this was before he got on the bus, his mom had already left for work and his older sister told him to go to school no matter what, so he did...poop and all. He is quite a big fellow and like I said he is a fifth grader. So when he came in my teachers aide and I noticed that he smelled really bad...she ask him if he had "dropped the bomb"...he then proceeded to tell her that he had...in his words "crapped his pants"...we also then noticed wetness up the back of his shirt and down his legs...So...we went to the school nurse who always has an extra supply of cloths for kids who possibly would have and accident...however, usually it is not a fifth grader the size of Greg L....(he's not quite that big but close), so we decided to just sit him in his chair and make him promise not to move...my principal, said to call his mom, if it was that bad he would need to be picked up....So, we soon found out that mom was at work and working in a factory it would be really hard for her to leave....so we called his dad...his words were "I duuuun"t carrre"...."It's too bad if he sh@! his pants. I aint comin' to get him"...I wanted to scream at him and tell his stupid dad that he was a jerk and a failure and be mean and say not nice things to him...but inside I wanted to cry too...I felt so bad for my little dude...so I say, "What are we going to do now"....yes folks, the kid had to drop his pants, and my classroom aide and I wiped the nasty diarrhea off his butt, back, legs and every other part that is hard for a chubby fifth grade boy to get to. I then informed him that he would need to throw his underwear away, he said "but these are new"...I said, "well not anymore!"....I then said to him that he would have to go "commando", he's like "cool", " I like going commando".....so anyhow, that was my adventure for the day...I still feel awful about it...the kid comes from a sucky family and I love him like crazy...
Needless to say, those are one of those days where you come home and you feel like crap...:)
Wiping "Boo's" butt: they don't pay me enough
Trying not to gag: not near enough
Laughing about it later: well okay...
Coming home and taking a walk with the bald guy on one side and the sunset on other,
with a little blonde girl on her tiny little bike in front of us,
walking down a county road,
with the wind at your back.... Priceless.

3 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Oh to take them home and really help them!

How many would I have by now?

Love MA Blogger

5:38 AM  
Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

Oh Sara,
Thanks for what you do. Thanks for showing kids love!!!!!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I'm dry heaving just thinking about it. Way to stoop to the foot washing level!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home