Saturday, August 28, 2004

There's no place like home....

I am soooo glad to be home, I don't like hospitals but...well...I went to the ER last night....missed my third day of school due to profuse barfing, I was not even able to keep liquids down...we decided either the flu or something stuck in my band....actully by the end of my hospital stay after being admitted, they decided it was both...Ended up there after sitting through "Bourne Supremacy"...a good movie but I barfed through the whole movie...Some friends of ours had tickets that they had saved for us, I felt bad canceling, they got a baby sitter and all...so we went..........I barfed....ended up at the ER at 9:00 and did not get into a room until 2 a.m.....so I had low blood sugar, low potassium, and lots of major dehydration. Nothing too exciting the basic "this is what it must be like to have the really crappy flu"....thank God for supportive friends that know where the warm blankets are and can pull a few strings. My nurse in the ER was wonderful and I loved her, we had a great time laughing and joking in between the barfing. Then my roomie was a bit interesting...a sweetheart really....she was born in 1925, her name was Donna :), she talked the entire night long through her sleep....here are a few of her conversations...."Ruthann get up, we have to leave now, where's Larry, Shit we are running late, come'on"......"Man that Chicken smells really good, wow...it's really hot and juicy"....."OOOOO my ass hurts"......"well wouldn't you know he has been farming since he was 3 years old"...I had to laugh to myself, no sleep but a smile on my tired face. So this is just the stuff I remember, as morning rolled around, I befriended my roomie and was able to cheer her on as she took some of the first steps after breaking her back after a fall for the second time....I really wanted to walk for her, but we had some great conversations and honestly I felt like I was there to make her smile, we joked and laughed a lot like we where pals, we left calling her grandma....We both promised to pray for each other...so please pray with me that she heals quickly and perfectly...her husband was there and wanted to kiss all over her, he couldn't get close enough to her...he was so sweet, they have been married 61 years....wow...

A night at St. Lukes: not sure of the price
Lots of iv fluids: not sure of the price
Barfing blood and pulverized popcorn: nasty
A great movie with pals: lots of fun and free (they paid)
A night in the room with an angel named Donna: priceless
And who needs reminded that our God is Good all the time.....
and all the time God is good!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Sara, are you sure you didn't go to Put-in-bay? Everybody coming back from there is Barfing and Squirting. Sorry to hear about all the mess. What about secret sins? Confess it already! We'll be praying. --Dan

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home