Saturday, October 09, 2004

"Re-entry"

So Chris got home safe...Thank You Lord for safe travels. He had a great time and feels like all the things that he heard at Catalyst just confirmed the decisions that we have made in our lives. It was so good to see his wonderful smiling face..........
And then what I call "Re-entry" sets in.....i.e., Life goes on when the other is gone, Macee still poops a lot, smarts off, and wants tickled every other minute, the phone still rings off the hook, and the schedule is still here....Before Chris left, a pal of ours, his car broke down, so as soon as Chris got up this morning he knew that he had to work on his car. Then he had to get a set ready for tomorrow's service, and get the slides etc ready...he is selling 2 motorcycles, and people have been calling about them, the problem is that he wants to "work" on them b/f they come to see the bike on Mon. So lets just say that the whole re-entry thingy has been a little more fun than usual. To top it all of his attitude really stinks....(that's one of those things that I would miss..) So I KINDLY reminded him that I missed him so much, and it was good to have him home, and that I do agree that it does suck to just not get anytime to stop and breath. However, as Donna Rucker said a million times to me: (and now I use all her lines)....your attitude here is a choice. Yes it sucks that you have all this stuff to do, but you can choose to make the best out of the situation. You can make it easier on yourself and those around you if you just choose to make it better....so it went over okay....so then I decided to keep those "absence makes a heart grow fonder feelings" I would leave and let him be....so Jersey girl and I went out. I won't tell you what we did....but we had a blast.....so now I am home, cleaned house, baked some cookies, and Chris is gone yet again...to the church to finish "stuff" for tomorrow.
I suppose I still miss him....but I do thank God for who he is, and how hard he works....I just pray he gets time to slow down.....Jersey girl and the big ouff are coming over to play cards....looking forward to that. Anyhow, I just needed to get my feelings out. I am missing the quiet life right now...but things are good, and as it was well put....I will make a choice to make the best out of it....not like it is hell or something, just a tiny overwhelming...Over all, the big lesson for today children...."Re-entry is never fun, even when you are truly missed"..... Cookie bell is ringing better get them b/f they burn....Adios

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I missed you too...both of you...you are both my girls and wouldn't want it any other way, even when I am overwhelmed...

7:26 PM  
Blogger Stetlers said...

The Dilbone's are in a blogging slump. I miss reading what is going on in your lives!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home