Friday, October 01, 2004

Sadness in room 125

Well folks, I have very bad news....Sade...the crab...who was really Sam..the crab...is now in crab heaven....He/she was alive and well this morning, however sometime this afternoon went into an eternal sleep...My kids were devastated...we had a viewing...I put tissues folded perfectly in a small box, made a little pillow out of tissues, and laid the crab in there with it's head on the pillow... and turned the lights down and had a small processional. The kids were so sweet, I actually got teary eyed. My little Derrick says "bye Sade, we loved you, you were good to us, we trust you will dream good dreams forever"...pause...."Right Mrs. D...she will dream good dreams...right?"..I said "yes Derrick, she will have good dreams"... My David said..."We loved you so, Sade".....So then the custodian "buried" the crab...in the dumpster...I told the kids that she was taking him to a special place...so I lied a little but...anywho..all joking aside. I love these kids. Each child is special in his/her own way. On the way out one of my kids says..."Mrs. Dilbone, will you marry me?" I said "sure Jacob I will marry you"...so he turns around and says "yes!, I get a wife"! We all laughed so hard. No one has ever been so excited about getting a wife...It will be interesting to hear what he tells his mom about his proposal to his teacher today.
The Lord has been teaching me a lot this week. About what things are really important. It all started Sun. but even today with the death of a silly crab...the Lord through the kids reminds me and teaches me to have the simple faith of a child, Anyhow, I too will have this child-like faith but not only about the small things, the in between thingsbut even about the big things..I am sure you all think that I am a big dork... (nothing new),but all this, all this because of a crab named "Sade". Whatever....

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

So let me get this straight....you don't have crabs anymore?

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home