Saturday, November 05, 2005

Home...

Went home today...my parents live in a little town here in Ohio called St. Paris...it was a beautiful drive, the leaves are just a beautiful thing, I actually enjoyed a 2 hour drive, I was marveling at his glorious wonders....
My sister and her crew where also heading to my dads...I could hardly wait to see everyone..I miss them like crazy...When I got there, being my shy ole' self, I pull into the drive way blaring my horn, making sure everyone knows that the baby of the family has just pulled in...:), Dad had raked a major pile of leaves and then had the trampoline beside them and the kids, (that includes my brother in law, my 15 year old nephew and my dad), were jumping from the trampoline to the pile of leaves...Macee was so excited...this was her first leaf expedition...her and Zay had a great time jumping into the leaves. It was almost making me teary eyed watching them enjoy themselves so much...part of me wondered if it was at all possible that my mom could see any of it...I told the Lord if there were any chance he could just part the clouds and show her that would be great...shortly after that the sun came out...hmmmm.
I had a totally blessed day...got to do some of my very most favorite things...sat around a fire with my dad and sister, talking about life...watched the kids laugh....went shopping at a place called "The Barn"...which is my all time favorite place...it was their Christmas open house...my mom used to take me there...we would spend big bucks every year....it is just such a cool place...Got to see my grandparents, I love them so, and feel so blessed to spend time with them...Before we went shopping we went out to the woods, (my parents house is in the middle of a woods...Zay says "Pappaw lives in the forest not the woods"...)anyhow...it has been a tradition in our family to make grapevine wreaths, today was such a beautiful day, we went out to the woods and started making wreaths. We had not done that since my mom had died. It was my dad, my sister and I, we were enjoying our time together...we laughed...I realized we were all laughing...I cried...bittersweet tears...
Some very simple times together today, much needed for me...
not anything exciting for an outsider looking in...
but well for me...priceless.
Good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

So glad you had a beautiful day...

8:06 PM  
Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Wow - sounds like a great day. I had a wonderful day yesterday too, with my girls. After God, there's just nothing like family!

Love, MA Blogger

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home